Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

Summer Fun Blog Hop

Whoot whoot!! It's time for a BLOG HOP!!!

Winner of my Blog Hop part is Mary Steinemtz

Welcome to the Let's Scrap Sketches Summer Fun Blog Hop!!!

This Hop runs from July 1st to July 7th midnight so make sure you join in alllll the fun!!

If you are joining the Blog Hop here instead of the beginning go HERE to start at Let's Scrap Sketches and follow the instructions for the Blog Hop to get in for a chance on all the prizes!!

Be sure to comment on this blog and follow me for more great inspiring creations... you need to do both of these things to get in on the RAK for this blog and then please go on to the NEXT BLOG - Chriss's for more fun and chances to win more prizes!!!

So here is the sketch we played with by Mich:


Here is what I did with the sketch:
(bad pic will try and get a better one up)


This is our beautiful Grandson Preston aka Yummy!!! If you have seen my blog before you now that he is what I scrapbook most.. he is gorgeous... we are just crazy about this little guy...!! 
I didn't use tags.. on the far right side of the layout I have used 'magic mesh' (old school goodies) I also used alot of large eyelets ( I have a boxes filled with them so I used them alot) I love using eyelets because they can fill up those spaces that need a bit more... I have also used tire track washi tape. Did the dictionary description of Boy because it just fit with the layout, and I had an old Deluxe Cut laser cut laying around. And finished!! 
I love playing with Mich's sketches... she is so talented and creative. Sometimes she really makes me think out of the box trying to work with her sketches and I love that!! I also love how the Design Team is so inspired by them.. and all so differently!!

I have to say that this Blog Hop has amazing girls playing along... each and everyone of them has been on the Design Team at one point or another and I love that they were so willing to jump in and play along again... So have fun jumping to the next blog Chriss's and make sure that you start and end at Let's Scrap Sketches

Hugs,
Cathy

29 comments:

  1. Cathy your grandson is just precious and I can see he is having a wonderful time on his mean machine. Just love your fun take on the sketch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desire.. he is the focus of my camera and layouts now.. lol

      Delete
  2. Oh how gorgeous.. such a cute kid.. Love that you used all the old stash too.. Magic Mesh was a favorite years back.. ! Off to check the rest of the Blogs..
    Mich
    www.i-scrap-joburg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sooo much 'old stash' from when our store closed down, it was fun to use some of it!

      Delete
  3. He is Yummy indeed!! Such cute photos of your cutie ... great job with the sketch!! Thank you for always including us with the fun stuff at Let's Scrap! You are da bomb ... :-) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is just toooo Yummy Roulien!! I'm sure you feel the same about your grandbabies. I love having you play with us.. you are too talented not to play!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely gorgeous LO!! Beautiful indeed and your yummy.... well, VERY yummy indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie... love this little guy to pieces. And it works because I'm not a hearts and flowers kinda girl and he doesn't need it! lol xoxo

      Delete
  5. loving those tire treads must get some for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome aren't they Rebecca! I think I got them at Michael's here.. perfect for boy layouts.. :)

      Delete
  6. I will really use some of your ideas for a page of my little grandson. Love the tire tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect Katriena... glad I could inspire you. So please share with us on Let's Scrap Sketches!! :)

      Delete
  7. Your grandson is getting so big!! Love this layout. I love seeing little boys pages for inspiration for my boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Bridgie.. he will be 4 in Oct. Not sure where the time has gone. I love Boy layouts and always look for inspiration too.. xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love your take on the sketch! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Can't find the button to follow you?

      Delete
    2. On the right side of the blog under my 'about me' page.. :)

      Delete
  10. It's great when you have Adorable Ones to scrap! LOL!! Super boy's layout xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhoda.. wouldn't know how to scrap a 'girlie' layout.. lol xoxo

      Delete
  11. What a handsome little guy. Beautiful LO Fantastic little boy page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome boy page with great colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the sketch - such a cutie in the photo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your LO Cathy! Looks like 'Yummy" hat TONS of fun! The dictionary description indeed fits the photos brilliantly :-)

    My Blog: http://emsigebiene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! what a wonderful boy layout. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these pictures for you layout and the colors are fantastic on it. I'm going to be a new follower of your blog for sure.
    www.barbgreenberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your grandson is getting so big! Love watching him grow up through your layouts! A job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is just the cutest thing every. I have so enjoyed watching him grow and he is just still as cute as when he was a little bitty thing. I love this layout, super cool pics and that tread washi is just stunning. Love this. PS... I have been so bad about visiting blogs and I forgot just how much I love your work. #slowlygettingbackintotheswingofthings <3

    ReplyDelete